Offer enrollment education that helps to maximize engagement, no matter where your employees work.
More employees are working from home recently. But while the office may look different, the need for benefits education remains the same. VoluntaryWorks can help, with education and enrollment strategies that give businesses a personalized method of guiding employees through enrollment for all of the benefits available to them through their employer, including medical insurance.
What is VoluntaryWorks?
Developed for employers with 25 to 500 employees, VoluntaryWorks is a virtual and in-person enrollment service that uses licensed benefit counselors to offer guidance to employees on all of the benefits available to them.
How does an employee use VoluntaryWorks?
Employees select a session time online according to their schedule and receive one-on-one virtual or in-person guidance during the enrollment process.
What are the benefits of VoluntaryWorks?
- The 1:1 nature of this service makes it easier to explain benefit changes or additions to employees.
- Spanish-speaking benefits counselors are available to offer support to employees.
- This guided enrollment solution applies to all offered benefits across multiple insurance carriers*, including medical insurance.
- The service comes with a simple, relevant, and actionable omni-channel employee communications campaign to help businesses drive engagement.
- Employers are able to use VoluntaryWorks to address specific benefits that may have lower participation.
- Engagement with the service is flexible, and on the employees’ own terms.
What are the requirements to offer VoluntaryWorks?
To offer VoluntaryWorks, an employer must:
- Offer at least one Guardian voluntary benefit
- Set up three weeks prior to the enrollment period, once all information is received
- Utilize an online enrollment platform or Guardian Enrollment powered by Flock