As part of Guardian’s Purpose – to inspire well-being – we're committed to offering contemporary, supportive, flexible, and inclusive benefits and resources to our colleagues.
Stay confidently covered during preventative, routine, emergency care, and critical illness.
- Choice of (high deductible/copay) medical plans* with prescription drugs, including coverage for fertility and transgender inclusive benefits
- Dental insurance that covers cleanings, fillings, and can lower your out-of-pocket expenses for procedures
- Vision insurance to make eye care more affordable, including exams, prescription glasses, and contacts
- Health care accounts — flexible spending, health reimbursement, and health savings accounts
- Critical illness insurance that pays you directly, in cash, to help cover medical expenses beyond your primary health insurance
Life and disability insurance
Protect your lifestyle and replace your income when you need it.
- From day one, all full-
- US-based full-time employees may purchase whole life insurance from Guardian, individually underwritten and owned by you, at a 20% discount that continues while you’re actively employed at Guardian and into retirement.
- Accident insurance that provides protection for you and your dependents to cover unexpected medical expenses from an accident
Retirement and financial planning
Prepare and plan for a confident financial future.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, plus an annual age/service-based Company contribution and an annual profit-sharing contribution, if applicable
- Complimentary 1:1 financial guidance with a licensed Fidelity representative
Time off and remote work
Work on a schedule that aligns with your values.
- Flexible work arrangements (part in-person/part remote)
- Unlimited paid time off for most roles, plus time off for volunteering, jury duty, voting, and bereavement
- Personal holidays for colleagues to use in recognition of religious, cultural, or civic days
- Paid parental leave and paid family and medical leave policies
Emotional well-being and work-life
Resources to provide a full support system to allow you to show up as your best self.
- Emotional well-being, mental health, and work/life resources powered by Spring Health
- Wellness programs, including fitness program and equipment reimbursement
- Child, adult, and elder back-up care support through Bright Horizons
- Adoption assistance
- College planning
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan assistance
- Commuter benefits in select metropolitan areas
Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (J.E.D.I.)
Find a supportive community that you can give back to.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity
- J.E.D.I. certification and training programs
- Matching gifts/volunteering
*Important notes for our medical plans:
No Surprises Act (NSA): This act protects you from surprise billing and balance billing when you receive emergency care or are treated by an out-of-network provider at an in-network hospital or ambulatory surgical center. Review this notice to understand your rights and protections under the NSA.
Transparency in Coverage: These links (Cigna | Centivo) lead to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts (applies to the Cigna HD and HD Plus Plans only) between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.