Accident insurance is a sensible way for your company to deal with the increasing costs due to many of today’s medical plans. Available at affordable group rates, accident insurance allows you to deliver a comprehensive employee benefits package while protecting your company’s bottom line.
Offering group accident insurance as part of your benefits package can provide your employees with an extra level of financial protection to help cover out-of-pocket medical expenses such as deductibles, copays, and coinsurance – and even non-medical expenses in the event of an accident.
Why Guardian Accident Insurance is an excellent choice
Our coverage is more flexible and offers standard and optional features other carriers don’t offer. We’ve strengthened our accident products by talking to our customers and asking them: what do you really want from accident insurance? To find out how we’ve enhanced Guardian accident coverage, check out this short video:
Guardian covers employees in more than 40 ways
No matter how hard you try to avoid them, accidents can still happen. In one year alone, over 80 million people in the U.S. seek medical treatment for injuries and 43 million people go directly to the emergency room1. Whether it's a sports injury, a car accident, or a slip and fall, the financial implications for one of your employees could be overwhelming.
Guardian Accident Insurance is an affordable strategy that covers your employees in over 40 different ways, including services related to:
- Common injuries such as burns, dislocations, fractures, concussions, eye injuries, lacerations, and brain trauma.
- Services during treatment and recovery, such as ambulance, emergency room treatment, x-rays, hospitalization, surgery, chiropractic visits and more.
- Outpatient therapies (occupational, physical, vocational, speech, respiratory, cognitive, behavioral)
As the health insurance market shifts more responsibility to individuals through higher out-of-pocket costs, you can help your employees avoid financial hardship without increasing costs to your company.
Regardless of medical insurance, benefits are made directly from Guardian to the covered employee – not to the doctors or the hospital. The money your employees receive can be used however they wish – for medical bills, child care, mortgage payments, groceries, or any other expense, allowing them to concentrate on getting better instead of how they’re going to pay their bills.
More protection for child athletes
It’s important to encourage children to be active. With millions of children participating in organized sports such as baseball, soccer, lacrosse or football, they have a greater risk for accidents. With Guardian Accident Insurance, benefits are increased by up to 25%2 if a covered dependent child (aged 18 years old or younger) is injured while participating in an organized sport. We also cover baseline concussion studies, which are required by many youth sports leagues.
Standard features on all plans
Our Rainy Day Fund pays benefits when a covered person has exhausted a frequency limitation on many benefits. Members start each year with up to $500 in the fund (varies based on the plan design chosen by employer) and we use that money to pay claims that would otherwise be denied due to frequency limitations. Leftover amounts up to half of the initial fund amount are rolled over to the next year. Uses for the Rainy Day Fund include doctor follow-up visits, fractures, outpatient therapies, and many more.
TravelAid Services are also included providing employees and their dependents with a safety net for both personal and business travel. TravelAid is available around the clock and the world to ensure assistance when members need help the most – whether it’s a medical emergency or simply replacing travel documents.
Optional riders for extra coverage*
With optional riders available on any of our Guardian Accident Insurance plans, you can tailor your employee benefits offering to meet the specific needs of your company, your employees, and their families. Available riders include:
Injury-Free BenefitTM. Members are paid a benefit when their family remains claim-free for five years. We pay the benefit even if there are Wellness and/or Concussion Baseline Study claims. No other carrier offers this type of planholder rider.
- Automatic Increase Option. Provides an automatic 5% increase in benefits every year for a maximum of five years with no increase in employee premium. Does not apply to: disability, hospital confinement due to sickness, and wellness benefit.
- Wellness rider, which encourages employees to stay healthy by including a wellness benefit payment of $50 - $150 per year when they complete certain routine wellness procedures or screenings.
- AD&D rider (accidental death & dismemberment), where additional benefit payments are available if there is an:
- Accidental death
- Catastrophic loss
- Accommodation to home or vehicle that is needed
- Hospital confinement for sickness rider, which provides an additional benefit payment for each day the insured person is in a hospital due to sickness.
- Disability rider, where an additional benefit payment is made if an employee or covered spouse becomes disabled and unable to work (weekly payments can be for 26 – 52 weeks).
Enrollment support & easy plan administration
Our dedicated enrollment team will design the best enrollment strategy for your company. Employees are assisted throughout the enrollment process with a variety of educational touch points so they can make the best decisions about their insurance needs. As your accident insurance company, we offer personalized enrollment kits, online enrollment, enrollment meetings, and provide an employee benefits hotline.
After enrollment, you receive ongoing support for billing, claims, forms, ID cards, changing personal information, and any other customer service inquiry to ensure easy plan administration.
Contact your Broker today
We'll work with you and your broker to design the optimal group accident insurance plan for your company.