Administering FMLA (the Family and Medical Leave Act) is a consistent challenge for many employers. FMLA is a complex topic, and even experienced leave management specialists can find gaps in their knowledge. Over 1200 people attended our recent webinar on FMLA, and the breadth and variety of questions we received on the topic were enough to convince us that, yes, this is a topic that needs more explanation. Fortunately, we have plenty of FMLA information for you.
- The Department of Labor’s website offers FMLA resources, including general guidance, fact sheets and posters that can be helpful for employers.
- Take our short quiz on the Absence Management Scorecard to check your understanding of some absence management and FMLA best practices.
- Sign up for our Absence Management Academy webinar series, where you’ll learn from compliance and leave experts. The next session, in June, will be entirely dedicated to answering real FMLA questions asked by employers.
- Questions about State Paid Leaves? Check out our PFML Resource Center for details on the complex state leave environment.
- The Absence Management Academy section of our partner organization, Reedgroup’s, website has an entire page dedicated to FMLA.
- If you’re a member of the DMEC (Disability Managing Employer’s Coalition), the DMEC Learning Center has a wealth of educational content, including information on FMLA.