Ready to talk to someone?
If you’re living with HIV, you may have found it extremely difficult — if not impossible — to find life insurance coverage until recently. Now, HIV is viewed similarly to most other chronic diseases by life insurance companies. We’re proud to offer life insurance for healthy people living with HIV to help provide security for life.
Guardian, one of the nation’s largest insurance companies, now offers whole life insurance for people living with HIV.
There are a lot of uncertainties in life, and whole life insurance is one way you can be prepared. Life insurance helps protect the people who depend on you for financial support after you pass away. Whole life insurance is a type of life insurance that is permanent, as long as you keep your payments up-to-date, and you can build up cash value within your policy. This can represent a major source of financial security that can be used over your life time.1
When you purchase whole life insurance, you’re buying a lifetime of protection that’s expected to help fulfill your goals for the rest of your life — and the lives of your loved ones. Learn more about whole life insurance here.
What you need to know about our HIV life insurance program:
Each case is individually underwritten. To qualify one must:
- Self-identify as an individual living with HIV
- Be on highly active anti-retroviral therapy for at least two years and demonstrate favorable lab results
- Not have had an AIDS-defining illness
- Be between ages 20 and 60
- Under the care of a doctor specializing in HIV
Frequently asked questions:
- Can people living with HIV get life insurance?
Yes, whole life insurance for people with HIV is now available at Guardian. Contact a Guardian financial representative in your area to learn how to apply.
- Do life insurance companies test for HIV?
Yes, as part of the underwriting process all life insurance companies test for the HIV virus.
- What life insurance products are offered for people living with HIV?
At Guardian, we offer whole life insurance only to people living with HIV and who meet the outlined criteria.
- Are there any other exclusions?
Yes, intravenous drug use, hepatitis, substance abuse, or a history of an AIDS defining illness.
- Is there a minimum or maximum face amount?
Yes, Guardian offers whole life insurance from 25,000 minimum and up to 2,000,000 maximum.
- Will I be charged an increased premium?
Yes, if you qualify, Guardian will offer a policy at a modestly higher premium.