Critical illness benefits that help your workforce thrive
Guardian is there for employees through serious illness, and so much more.
Truly supporting well-being means helping employees access and use benefits as quickly and as simply as possible. Critical illness insurance supports the financial, physical, and emotional well-being of employees and their families in the good times and the bad. That’s why our critical illness insurance now covers more illnesses and conditions.
Guardian’s critical illness insurance now has double the number of covered diseases and conditions and is the first to offer coverage for preventive measures taken as a result of having the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genetic mutation.
Caring for the whole family
Our broad coverage opens up more coverage possibilities for employees and their families. Designed with employee quality of life in mind, our critical illness insurance features more ways to address emotional, physical, and financial well-being, including:
- Family planning benefits that support employees during infertility treatments or if there are pregnancy or delivery complications.
- Coverage for childhood illnesses and disorders such as autism, cleft lip/palate, and congenital heart defect.
- Mental health support from taking an assessment, to benefits for conditions such as severe depression, postpartum depression, or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Health screening benefits that include mammograms, colonoscopy, as well as routine/annual physicals and immunizations, both of which cover COVID-19 testing and vaccines.
- And since pets are family too, there are benefits for overnight pet boarding should hospitalization be required for a covered illness.
The power of simple
Guardian removes the barriers of complexity that keep employees from choosing, trusting, and using their benefits to the fullest. Here are a few of the innovative ways we’re bringing added ease, convenience, and simplicity to how Guardian critical illness insurance benefits are understood, used, and managed:
- Benefits explained in simpler language, so employees understand what their benefit can do for them.
- Earlier payouts for earlier stages of conditions like Alzheimer’s, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and Parkinson’s Disease
- Seamless claims integration that automatically checks for eligibility across all supplemental health coverages when a Guardian Short Term Disability, paid family medical leave, or a state-mandated disability claim comes in. This means the employee can receive all benefits to which they are entitled without having to submit multiple claims.
- One carrier, one bill, and one plan number, so there’s one less thing for HR to manage.
What’s critical illness insurance all about?
Your people. And protecting their well-being in good times and bad. Employees and their families can use critical illness insurance for any purpose, including daily expenses, copays and deductibles, mortgage/rent, utilities, medical/travel expenses, childcare, and groceries. Learn more about Guardian’s critical illness offering.
Now is the time to offer supplemental health coverage like critical illness insurance.
Employers looking for unique ways to show employees how much they’re valued are increasingly turning to benefits that can help boost employee financial confidence and overall well-being.
We’re excited to bring our enhanced critical illness product features across the nation as each state approves them.
For more information, please contact your broker or Guardian representative.