We work smarter to keep claims management simple
With Guardian, you can count on efficient service and support from a highly skilled staff with extensive industry experience. You’ll benefit from:
- Flexible claims submission options and fast claims decisions
- A dedicated single point of contact for planholders like you
- Proactive approach to drive the earliest return to work outcomes
- Strategic engagement of strong internal and external clinical resources
- Absence management solutions in our Disability and Absence Management offering
An ounce of prevention
At Guardian, we know that time is of the essence with disability. The longer an employee is out of work, the more difficult it can be for him or her to transition back into the workforce.
That’s why, if you have both Guardian Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability, we’ll work with you from day one to help ensure that STD claims don’t become LTD claims. If a claim does transition, the same nurse case manager will follow it from STD to LTD to provide continuity of care.
Ensuring the best possible return-to-work scenarios
To give employees the best chance of resuming employment, we ensure they receive the attention, vocational rehabilitation, and outplacement services they need. Our success stories speak for themselves:
- Review possible work barriers resulting from a disability.
- Explore what jobs a claimant might be good at and help create specific job goals, including a future road map to ensure successful employment.
- Communicate and coordinate with you and your employee to facilitate a smooth transition back into the workforce.
- Initiate retraining, rehabilitation, and assistance that lead to new skills and opportunities.
- Perform onsite work evaluations to assess job abilities, skills, possible accommodations, and alternative opportunities within the company.
Our success stories speak for themselves:
Flexible plan designs, flexible contract terms
At Guardian, we offer a wide variety of customizable LTD plan designs — including voluntary plans — to help you manage risk, control costs and meet the financial protection needs of your employees.
Our contracts support a return-to-work philosophy, with built-in features to motivate and encourage employees, such as no set number of interruption/trial work days. Plus, if an employee is engaged in an approved rehabilitation plan, we’ll pay up to a 10% enhancement to the monthly LTD benefit to cover vocational-related expenses. And we offer innovative options4 such as loan payment protection to ease the burden on your employees.
A cost-effective way to provide maximum coverage
If you have higher-earning employees, you may find that group long term disability insurance leaves some of their income uncovered. Through our integrated Disability and Absence Management solution, we provide a seamless, cost-effective way to address this gap: Guardian Supplemental Individual Disability Income Insurance. With this individual policy, you can offer additional income protection to key employees — providing a valuable recruitment and retention benefit — without increasing your Group LTD cap.
Contact your broker today
Learn more about why Guardian is a smart choice for long term disability insurance. We’ll be glad to work with you and your broker to determine the best coverage for your company’s needs.