Brokers and Cancer Insurance Plans
Now that health care benefits are available to all Americans, the timing for selling voluntary benefits, like a cancer insurance plan, couldn’t be better. As an employee benefits broker, adding a cancer insurance plan to your portfolio creates new opportunities. You can take on a more consultative relationship with your clients, generate goodwill, and increase sales by educating them on the role of supplemental cancer insurance.
Be a valuable advisor in a new marketplace
You can be a valuable advisor to clients who are considering health plans where employees would take on more financial responsibility. Employee benefits, such as cancer insurance, give them an affordable solution to round out their benefits packages.
Cancer insurance payments are made to the employee, regardless of medical insurance, and can be used for any purpose. It helps pays for:
- Non-medical expenses such as transportation to treatment facilities
- Medical plan deductibles, co-pays and other out-of-pocket costs
- Everyday expenses like groceries, rent or mortgage payments
By helping their employees protect themselves from the financial hardship that may come with one of America's deathly diseases, many businesses today are finding that supplemental cancer insurance is an affordable option to help strengthen their benefits packages.
Help your clients attract and maintain talent
When deciding whether or not they'll accept a job, three quarters of all workers report that the benefit package offered by a prospective employer is an important factor. And most workers see voluntary benefits, such as a cancer insurance plan, as a strong advantage.1
With escalating premiums and other out-of-pocket expenses, the total employee share of health care costs has risen from 34.4% in 2011 to 37% in 2014.2 Aware of the serious financial responsibility, employees now consider voluntary products such as cancer insurance to be an affordable way to obtain much needed financial protection.
It’s clear cancer insurance can help you grow your business
One out of every 3 Americans will be diagnosed with cancer over their lifetime.3 It's safe to say everyone knows the value cancer insurance, available through work, could provide.
Many people who are diagnosed with cancer face serious financial difficulties as they recover. Medical expenses continue to outpace inflation. Higher premiums, copays and deductibles are just part of the concern. Add costs for private nursing, childcare, even everyday bills such as groceries and the mortgage, and the bills can be overwhelming.
Consider these facts:
- The average out-of-pocket cost for patients with cancer – despite having health insurance -- is estimated to be more than $1,200 a month4
- The average American savings is around $5,9005
- Cancer patients are three times as likely to go bankrupt than people without it6
Without cancer insurance, most people are simply not prepared for the financial burden that can adversely impact their lifestyle, and their financial security.
Recommend a cancer insurance plan that’s right for each client
Adding cancer insurance to your portfolio of employee benefits offerings allows you to provide a valuable service to your clients…and increase your revenue stream. Guardian offers three plans with increasing coverage levels: Value, Advantage, and Premier.
Depending on the plan you recommend, your client’s employees can receive payment for over 30 covered services related to:
- Annual cancer screenings
Some of our plans may also cover these specific services:
- Alternative care
- Anti-nausea medicine
- Experimental treatment
- Home health care
- Inpatient special nursing
An enrollment strategy built for each client
Our team of enrollment experts works with you and your clients to create the most optimal enrollment experience.
- One, single point of contact for all size groups
- Regional Enrollment Leaders develop enrollment strategy
- Guardian appointed representative provides face to face employee education
- Support and education, from pre-enrollment through ongoing life events
- Employee benefits hotline and 24/7 online administration tools
- Guardian AnytimeSM and GuardianWorksSM online enrollment and service platforms