“Embracing justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our relationships with suppliers helps us fulfill our Purpose to inspire well-being and makes our business stronger. Guardian is deeply committed to partnering with a diverse supplier base to better serve our customers and drive economic growth in our communities.” – Andrew McMahon, President & CEO.
“We are committed to expanding our partnerships with diverse small businesses in our supply chain. Our supplier diversity program is one of the ways we bring Guardian’s Values, including embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion, to life. Diversifying our supplier base provides innovation to our products and services, more value to consumers and supports the communities where we live and work.” – Marco Vietti, Enterprise Head of Sourcing & Procurement
Read our 2021 Annual report and ESG information to learn more about our supplier diversity work.
Guardian recognizes a diverse business enterprise is an organization that is at least 51% unconditionally owned and controlled day to day by one or more individuals who are members of a socially or economically disadvantaged group. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals who are minority - ethnically or racially diverse, female, disabled, part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender community, and/or a military veteran.
Guardian’s Supplier Diversity program works with certified diverse suppliers. Typical certifications include Minority owned Business Enterprises (MBE), Women owned Business Enterprises (WBE), Lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender owned Business Enterprises (LGBT+), Veteran Owned Enterprise (VBE), Disability Owned Enterprise (DBE) and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBE); certain Small Business Enterprise (SBE).
Guardian is a member of NMSDC, WBENC, SPLC, FSRSD
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), www.nmsdc.org
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), www.wbenc.org
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), www.nglcc.org
- National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NAVOBA), www.navoba.com
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC), www.nvbdc.org
- Disability:IN, www.disabilityin.org
- Certification from select federal, state, and local government agencies
- Small Business Administration 8(a) Program (SBA) www.sba.gov
* Web site links are for convenience. We do not sponsor these sites, nor are we responsible for information that appears on them.
To register as a diverse business that is interested to work with us or contact us please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.