WorkLifeMatters now available exclusively to dental providers in the Guardian network
We know you’re committed to your patients and your practice. That’s why we’re committed to providing our valued partners with the support, guidance, and education they need to help navigate the challenges of this unprecedented time.
Effective immediately, we’re offering our WorkLifeMatters Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to in-network dentists and their staff at no cost through July 31, 2020.
Our EAP includes a Small Business COVID-19 Action Center, with resources you can use to help manage pandemic-related business needs.
Registering for EAP is easy
Fill out and submit the form. Then, you’ll be taken to a confirmation page with login instructions and a flyer to share with your employees on how to begin using EAP services.
Personalized, confidential support and guidance
You and your employees will have direct access to dedicated behavioral health, financial, and legal specialists for individual support, including:
- Financial and legal guidance on a variety of topics related to COVID-19, such as the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Professional counseling to help address emotional well-being
The COVID-19 Action Center
Our dynamic, new online resource is updated regularly with relevant webinars, videos, and educational content for your dental practice and your employees. Topics include:
- COVID-19 pandemic preparedness
- Small business debt relief
- Regulatory updates, such as the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Guidance on handling difficult work situations
Comprehensive assistance for everyday life issues
Here’s a sampling of how WorkLifeMatters online resources, work-life counselors, and specialists can help your employees navigate life’s complexities.
Please contact us with any questions.