This is a crucial time for your clients, where they are going to decide how they can administer the Connecticut Paid Family and Medical Leave (CT PFML) plan for their employees. One way to offer them guidance is by helping them understand the differences between managing paid leave on their own vs. using a private CT PFML plan.
These are important factors to help your clients consider:
Going it alone
If your client does not have a single source for their disability, Family Medical Leave and CT PFML, they might encounter:
- Multiple points of contact, for both the employer and employee
- Higher risk of non-compliance
- Increased workload due to claims processing
- No continuity with other paid leave types
Using a private CT PFML plan
If your client chooses a private CT PFML plan like the one offered by Guardian, they may encounter:
- A single point of contact for all paid leave types, including short- and long-term disability
- Assured compliance, thanks to ongoing regulatory updates and guidance
- Efficient claims management performed by tenured professionals who also specialize in optimal return-to-work outcomes
- Assistance with adjusting Short Term and Long Term Disability plans to integrate with the PFML plan
From key deadlines to employee eligibility, read more about what you need to know in our FAQ.
We partner with businesses to help them more efficiently implement and manage PFML, streamline administration, and enhance compliance. If you have clients who are interested in private CT PFML plans, we can give you the information you need to help facilitate the process.