Guardian wants you to know that we are here to help. We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be feeling as you deal with the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic. To help our impacted New York individual policyholders currently facing a financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, Guardian will:
- Extend the grace period to at least 90 days to pay premiums for your life or disability insurance policy.
- Provide you 90 days to exercise rights or benefits under your life policy, disability policy or annuity contract.
- Allow you to pay overdue premium over a 12-month period if you did not make a timely premium payment during these challenging times.
- Allow you to voluntarily cancel an insurance policy or annuity contract in accordance with its terms.
Guardian will not:
- Impose any late fees related to premium payment.
- Notify credit reporting or debt collection agencies of late premium payments.
Here is how to reach us if you have questions:
- Contact your Financial Professional
- Sign in or register to access your accounts or policies, sign up for electronic delivery of documents or chat with one of our representatives
- Call Guardian at 1-888-GUARDIAN (1-888-482-7342) to discuss billing and payment options
These grace periods and rights are currently in effect but are temporary, though they may be extended further. Please check the New York Department of Financial Services website for updates.