How we are helping Washington D.C. customers
Mayor Muriel Bowser declared both a Public Emergency, and Public Health Emergency for the District of Columbia, then the Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB) issued Commissioner’s Order 03-2020, to assist Washington D.C. insurance customers experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In accordance with this order, Guardian will, effective immediately, do the following for our Washington D.C. customers currently facing financial hardship:
- We are extending your grace period to pay premiums for the duration of the District of Columbia’s Order of Public Health Emergency.
- We are offering extended repayment plans for any unpaid premiums during the D.C. declared Public Health Emergency period. Please contact your broker or call Guardian at 1-888-GUARDIAN (1-888-482-7342) if you need to discuss alternative payment arrangements.
- We will not impose any late fee related to any late premium payment.
- We will not notify credit reporting or debt collection agencies of late premium payments.
The extension of the grace period and accommodations noted above are currently in effect on a temporary basis, though they may be extended further by the Mayor’s Office. Please check Washington D.C.’s website for updates.
If you have any questions, please:
- Contact your insurance broker or agent.
- Call Guardian at 1-888-GUARDIAN (1-888-482-7342) if you need to discuss alternative payment arrangements.